How We Use Your Data
We, and trusted partners acting on our behalf, use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any purchases you’ve made with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Other Third Parties
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organizations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- our carefully selected partners who provide branded products and services if we have your consent to do so;
- credit reference agencies and payment card issuers (such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express) where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
We use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you an email to update you on the latest offers, events, updates or post notifications.We aim to keep you up to date about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” button.
How We Protect Your Data
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorized access.
What You Can Do To Help Protect Your Data
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from “JB Miller Author” asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online checkout. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to us and more generally:
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password for any important accounts.